Five Facts About Charlize Theron's Love For My Nutella French Toast
February 11, 2015
There is little denying that Charlize Theron is a pretty lady. At least, I'm not denying it! And I'm sure she maintains her svelte figure by way of lots of exercise with a personal trainer as well as a healthy diet full of meals that are prepared for her by her private chef. And those efforts are continuing to pay off for her. However, it is her love for delicious Nutella French Toast that she says is the real key to her success. What follows are five fun facts about the relationship I share with Charlize, and how our relationship mostly centers around this one recipe.
1. I first brought Charlize this amazing delicacy on the set of The Devil's Advocate. She was shooting with Keanu Reeves and Al Pacino. I knew Al liked this recipe already, since I had prepared it for him while he was doing Scent Of A Woman years earlier. I was taking a chance with Keanu, as he had previously beat me up repeatedly on the set of Point Break. It's not that he didn't like the recipe. It turns out that I kept trying to bring it out to him in the water while they were filming the surfing scenes, and I ended up in the shot, forcing many unnecessary takes. At any rate, I was able to get Al to run interference while I snuck into Charlize's trailer. It was really the beginning of something magical.
2. Charlize likes more Nutella with her French toast than the average person. Through the years I have fine tuned the recipe to meet Miss Theron's exacting specifications. A little bit of a hassle, yes, but always worth it to see her smile and talk with that fun voice of hers after she takes the first bite. Currently I am going through nearly half a jar of Nutella to satisfy Charlize's desires.
3. She uses this treat as a replacement for therapy and acupuncture. Unbeknownst to me previously, Charlize had been spending thousands of dollars each month on therapists and acupuncture treatments, all in an effort to calm her after dealing with some crazy stalker. Once she first tasted my delicious recipe, she claimed it was all she needed to find inner peace. Her personal trainer was none too pleased, but I told him he should be thanking me for the job security. These days I'm basically on call at all times in case Charlize relapses. It's nice to be needed.
4. She offered me a million dollars for the recipe. This was during a difficult and stressful time in her life, and I knew she was just talking gibberish. I resisted the offers time and again until she calmed down. Looking back on it now, I probably should have taken the money. Because, you know, that's a lot of money.
5. Charlize Theron and I will be getting married someday. This one I'm not 100% sure on, but I figure if I include it in a list of facts, it's more likely to get realized. She's asked me to marry her on many occasions, but I'm kind of traditional and think the guy should ask the girl. So I'm waiting for the right moment, and then I'll pop the question. Perhaps the next time we're enjoying her favorite treat!
That's about it for my list of Charlize Theron-related facts. If you'd like to see what Charlize is so nuts about, be sure to catch this episode of The Hungry Cowboy. I will be preparing her favorite thing in this whole world. I invited her to be part of the filming, but she said she was a little nervous, so she just stayed off camera. If you listen really closely, you can almost hear her cute South African accent.
French Toast Ingredients:
1 loaf french bread
1 cup milk
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp flour
Approximately 1 cup Nutella
1 Tbl Butter
Powdered sugar, for topping
Strawberry Topping Ingredients:
1/4-1/2 lb strawberries, diced (depending on preference)
2 Tbsp granulated sugar
Directions for Strawberry Topping:
In a bowl, toss together diced strawberries and sugar and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Directions for French Toast:
Slice bread into thick slices. Cut into each slice, without cutting all of the way through. Spread Nutella into each 'sandwich'.
Whisk together the milk, cream, eggs, vanilla, sugar, flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Dip each side of french toast into egg mixture. Butter pan and cook both sides of the toast until golden brown. Add Strawberry Topping and dust with powdered sugar. Enjoy!