It is that time of year when the holidays are far enough past that those particular caloric indulgences are long since forgotten, but still early enough that summertime (and even springtime, for that matter) food just isn't what the taste buds are craving. What to do, what to do. Hmm, let me think for just a moment. Okay, I've got it...let's make Monkey Bread! This delicious treat goes together quickly and easily, and you're going to love it! Monkey Bread is exactly what we'll be throwing together on this episode of The Hungry Cowboy.
2 Loaves Frozen Bread (Thawed)
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Stick of Butter
2 Tbl Milk
1 Package Cook & Serve Vanilla Pudding
2 Tbl Cinnamon
1) Butter a 9x13 inch cake pan. Pull apart one loaf of bread into bite-size pieces and place in pan.
2) Put brown sugar, butter, milk and pudding on stove and cook until dissolved. Pour brown sugar mixture over bread pieces. Sprinkle entire pan with half of your cinnamon.
3) Pull apart second loaf of bread and add it to the pan. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon. Let bread rise to at least one inch above the pan.
4) Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown (approximately 20 minutes.)
5) Carefully invert the pan onto a cookie sheet. Wait five minutes and then transfer back into the pan with the caramel side on top.